Job Title: Media and Communication Manager
Location: Egypt (fully remote)
Application Deadline: 27 January 2024
Position Type: Full Time
Languages Required: Arabic, English
Starting Date: 10th of February 2024
Duration of Initial Contract: 12 months (2 months probation- possibility for renewal)
The Sex Talk Arabic (TST) is an intersectional feminist digital organisation tackling issues of sexual violence in Arabic-speaking societies through advocacy, knowledge production and service provision. TST supports individuals and communities with alternative and accessible knowledge and resources that enable them to make informed decisions about their bodies, relationships, health, and rights.
About the Vacancy:
We are excited to announce a full-time remote position for an experienced and dynamic Media and Communication Manager. We are looking for a self-driven professional with a solid background in digital communication and substantial expertise in reviewing educational material from various sources and crafting relevant and impactful media content. The ideal candidate should possess excellent organisational skills and a high level of proficiency in utilising diverse digital tools, platforms, and technologies. The Media and Communications Manager will support the internal and external communication strategy of TST, develop and implement innovative media campaigns and play a key role in advancing our organisational success by strategically managing communication channels and fostering relations.
- Conduct comprehensive research using secondary resources, analyse data, and synthesise findings to inform organisational initiatives.
- Collect relevant data, organise information, and maintain accurate and up-to-date databases for easy retrieval.
- Prepare detailed reports based on research findings, ensuring clarity, accuracy, and alignment with organisational objectives.
- Design and Implement content distribution strategies on TST social accounts (Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, X and Facebook)
- Develop engaging and informative media content, including articles, blog posts, press releases, and multimedia materials.
- Produce various media outputs, such as infographics, videos, and podcasts, to effectively communicate TST’s productions to diverse audiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align research outcomes with media strategies and ensure a cohesive organisational narrative.
- Implement our monitoring and evaluation processes to assess the impact of research-driven media content and recommend improvements.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive media and communication strategy aligned with TST’s mission and values.
- Manage all aspects of content creation, including writing, editing, and overseeing multimedia production (videos, graphics, and other visual content).
- Oversee and coordinate social media platforms, ensuring consistent and engaging communication with our audience.
- Proactively seek media opportunities, handle media inquiries, and build relationships with relevant outlets to enhance our visibility.
- Monitor field trends, digital media analytics, and recommend strategies to maximise our impact.
- Collaborate with internal teams to craft compelling narratives that promote awareness and advocacy for Sexual Health and Rights.
- Design and implement visual content according to various platform metrics and standards.
- Schedule and upload weekly content on all channels
- Create monthly in-depth analyses of TST performance on social media platforms with suggestions for improvement and future development.
- Create an engagement and communication strategy with our sister organisations/ groups in the region to foster collaborations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media Studies, Journalism, or a related field.
- At least 3 years experience in media and communication management or a related role.
- Proven experience in research, data analysis, and content creation for various media platforms.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex information into accessible and engaging content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Strong writing and editing skills with an ability to craft compelling and impactful narratives Ability to tailor content for diverse audiences.
- Proficiency in managing social media platforms and developing and implementing effective communication strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively in a remote work environment.
- Tech-savvy with experience using digital media tools and platforms.
- Knowledge of Sexual Health and Rights or related fields is a plus.
- Excellent time management and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools and content management tools for social media platforms.
- Proficient in media production tools and software. Experience with graphic design and video editing is advantageous.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented, culturally diverse environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment with evolving priorities.
Please submit your up-to-date CV and cover letter (400 words max) detailing your relevant experience and two professional references to: Info@thesextalk.net before the deadline: 27th January 2024
Please use “Media and Communication Manager – applicant” in the email subject.
We particularly encourage members of our target communities (Women in all their diversities) to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!